I am a research fellow at the Data Science Institute (DSI) and Adjunct Lecturer at the School of Computer Science at the National University of Ireland Galway (NUI Galway). I am working in the Unit for Natural Language Processing (UNLP) under the supervision of Dr Paul Buitelaar, where my main research topic focuses on terminology and knowledge graph injection into neural machine translation architecture. Recently, I am also following the work on dialogue systems and natural language generation with multi-modal data. I am primarily funded by the nationwide Insight SFI Research Centre for Data Analytics, which is also hosted within DSI.
Interests: • Natural Language Processing • Machine Translation • Dialogue Systems • Knowledge Graphs
- Nivranshu Pasricha (2019-/PhD/with Paul Buitelaar) on Data2Text Generation
- Shardul Suryawanshi (2019-/PhD/with Paul Buitelaar) on Offensive Content Detection
- Rajdeep Sarkar (2019-/PhD/with John P. McCrae) on incorporating Semantic Technologies into Dialogue Systems
- Bharathi Raja Asoka Chakravarthi (2016-2020/PhD/with John P. McCrae) on Machine Translation for Under-Resourced Languages
- Fionn Delahunty (2019/MSc/with Robert Johansson) on Passive Diagnosis of Mental Health Disorders
- Advanced Natural Language Processing (2018/2019 - )
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing (2016/2017, 2017/2018)
- Member of program committee for different conferences and workshops, including ACL, EMNLP, LREC, ECAI, EAMT, MT-SUMMIT, WMT, ISWC, ESWC.
- Workshop #1 on NER in the Context of MT (CEF Automated Translation) on Knowledge Graphs and NMT. Online.
- Meet Central Europe (MCE 2018) on The Neural Age of Machine Translation. Budapest, Hungary.
- Translation Technology Terminology Conference (TTT-2014) on Statistical Machine Translation and Terminology. Bled, Slovenia
- Translation Technology Terminology Conference (TTT-2013) on Statistical Machine Translation. Zadar, Croatia.