I am a research fellow at the Data Science Institute (DSI) and Adjunct Lecturer at the School of Computer Science at the University of Galway. I am working in the Unit for Natural Language Processing (UNLP) under the supervision of Dr Paul Buitelaar, where my main research topic focuses on terminology and knowledge graph injection into neural machine translation architecture. Recently, I am also following the work on dialogue systems and natural language generation with multi-modal data. I am primarily funded by the nationwide Insight SFI Research Centre for Data Analytics, which is also hosted within DSI.
Interests: • Natural Language Processing • Machine Translation • Dialogue Systems • Knowledge Graphs
- Tunde Ajayi (2022-/PhD/with Paul Buitelaar) on Empathetic Dialogue Systems
- Ali Hatami (2021-/PhD/with Paul Buitelaar) on Multi-Modal (Speech/Video) Machine Translation
- Dhairya Dalal (2020-/PhD/with Paul Buitelaar) on Causal Reasoning
- Nivranshu Pasricha (2019-/PhD/with Paul Buitelaar) on Natural Language Generation from Structured Data
- Shardul Suryawanshi (2019-/PhD/with Paul Buitelaar) on Offensive Content Detection
- Rajdeep Sarkar (2019-/PhD/with John P. McCrae) on incorporating Semantic Technologies into Dialogue Systems
- Jennifer Farrell (2020/MSc) on Detecting Dementia from Linguistic Characteristics using Natural Language Processing Techniques
- Bharathi Raja Asoka Chakravarthi (2016-2020/PhD/with John P. McCrae) on Machine Translation for Under-Resourced Languages
- Fionn Delahunty (2019/MSc/with Robert Johansson) on Passive Diagnosis of Mental Health Disorders
- Advanced Natural Language Processing (2018/2019-2021/2022)
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing (2016/2017, 2017/2018)
- Guest Editor of the Special Issue on Frontiers in Machine Translation, (Information Journal), with Eva Vanmassenhove and Dimitar Shterionov.
- Member of program committee for different conferences and workshops in the area of NLP and semantic web, including ACL, EMNLP, LREC, ECAI, EAMT, MT-SUMMIT, WMT, ISWC, ESWC.
- Presentation to the MLT department at DFKI, Saarbrücken, Germany on Utilising of Terminological Expressions in Knowledge Bases and Knowledge Graphs for Neural Machine Translation. 2021. Online.
- Workshop #1 on NER in the Context of MT (CEF Automated Translation) on Knowledge Graphs and NMT. 2020. Online.
- Meet Central Europe (MCE 2018) on The Neural Age of Machine Translation. 2018. Budapest, Hungary.
- Translation Technology Terminology Conference (TTT-2014) on Statistical Machine Translation and Terminology. 2014. Bled, Slovenia
- Translation Technology Terminology Conference (TTT-2013) on Statistical Machine Translation. 2013. Zadar, Croatia.